20. That Science Is on Our Side

Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:00pm

My apologies if this doesn't make very much sense. Whatever illness I have contracted is getting worse before getting better. Therefore, I haven't been awake for more than an hour today--luckily my web browser has spell check on the things I type.

I recently stumble across two articles on The Advocate website that were about findings from psychological studies about gay parents. The study on gay male parents found that gay men are more likely to scale back work for their young children--among other things--than their heterosexual counterparts. The study on lesbian parents found their children are often more well-adjusted than the children of their straight counterparts.

I'm putting the studies up--for those of you, who are scientific or have the time to read them--and the news stories for those of you, who want the brief break down.

Lesbians: News Story and Study

Gay Dads: News Story and Study

Happy Fathers' Day for all the Daddies out there--gay, straight, in between, with children of all orientations.

0 comments:

Search