6. That Our Adversaries Think We're Powerful

Sunday, June 6, 2010 3:05pm

Short post today since I have to rush off to work. I was contemplating what I was going to write about when I came across this amusing little article: Tea Partiers: Gays Too Powerful

The headline obviously intrigued me, but the stats are even better. 52% percent think that we are too politically powerful for the size of our population. Is that because we are so small? Or is it because we are mentioned in recent legislation? If we were so powerful, would we still be working towards employment non-discrimination?

While, the statistics do make me laugh--mostly because I'm slighting to the left of Marx and Engels (that was funny!)--I do appreciate them. The people, who are getting stadiums full of people to support their agenda think that we're powerful.

That makes me pretty damn proud.

0 comments:

Search