Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:44am

I was on my way to bed when I came across an article that put tears in my eyes. On June 20, 2010, Henry Schalizki and Bob Davis were married in Washington D.C. I realize that these are not famous men, and their names probably don't mean anything to any of you, but I hope to remember those names for a long time.

When the District of Columbia legalized same-sex marriage, Schalizki was very excited to have a wedding--Davis didn't see much of a point. They have been together for sixty years! Their wedding photos, and beautiful love story are on the website for The Washington Post.

1 comments:

  1. M_Williams1027 said...:

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I read the entire thing, and I absolutely adore it. Could you imagine waiting 60 years? Thanks for posting this on your facebook.

    Can't wait for the next year of meetings to begin, I'm looking to get more involved with the club. Seeing as how I'll be out of the "getting use to college" feeling.

    Awesome post.

    -Morgan Williams

Search